You know something isn’t right…you’re experiencing a strange mix of things from overwhelming exhaustion, anxiety, you’re losing handfuls of hair, frequent headaches, even strange heart palpitations…but you’re not sure what to make of it all? And maybe your doctor has even brushed you off saying all your blood work was ‘normal’ and you’re fine… so why do you still feel so horrible?!
Iron deficiency is a silent epidemic worldwide and I know it can feel overwhelming trying to find answers to why you’ve been struggling and what to do about it.
Let’s talk about what your body is trying to tell you…
The symptoms of Iron deficiency are incredibly varied, because iron affects SO many functions in the body. They often overlap or are misdiagnosed as symptoms of other conditions. So let’s talk about some of the most Common symptoms of iron deficiency that you may be experiencing:
- Constant fatigue or exhaustion – which feels like struggling just to get through the day or tiring super easily when you try to do anything!
- Anxiety and depression – Low iron is likely a huge factor in so much of the anxiety and depression people are struggling with but if their iron deficiency isn’t diagnosed doctors just wind up masking the symptoms with prescriptions
- Excessive hair loss – Hair loss is a natural occurrence, but iron deficiency causes your body to lose excessive amounts of hair
- Brittle Fingernails – Thin or ‘spoon shaped’ nails
- Chronic headaches or migraines – Low iron may be the root cause of migraines, menstrual migraines, and chronic headaches
- Brain fog – Or feeling like you can’t concentrate
- Insomnia – Despite feeling exhausted during the day you have trouble sleeping at night
- Dizziness – Feeling lightheaded or faint
- Heart Palpitations – Feeling of irregular or racing heartbeat even when at rest
- Paleness – Sickly or pale pallor to the skin
- Restless Leg Syndrome – Feeling like you have to move or shake your legs
- Shortness of Breath – The feeling of ‘air hunger’ like you can’t quite catch your breath
- Craving Ice – Strong cravings for ice or other ‘non-food’ substances
- Lowered immune system – Higher susceptibility to infection, frequently sick
Far too often people struggle for years not knowing why they feel so terrible, or get mis-diagnosed with other conditions and doctors prescribe medications without ever discovering the root of the problem…your body is starving for iron!
So if these symptoms are affecting your life, but you feel dismissed or treated like ‘its all in your head’…please take heart! These symptoms are real and with the right answers and intervention you can take back your life!
For More of the Science & Secrets I discovered about Iron Deficiency, I’d love to give you a FREE copy of the Iron Repair Manual.
The Science & Secrets You Can Use to Fight Back against Iron deficiency. Including:
- Symptom Checker: What is your body trying to tell you?
- Risk Factors: Am I at risk of iron deficiency?
- Secret Blood Tests: Test you NEED, but your doctor probably hasn’t ordered!
- Iron In Your Diet: What helps & hurts iron absorption?
- The Secret Iron Body Guard: The newly discovered iron regulator (that your doctor may not even be aware of) that controls iron absorption.
- Iron Supplements: Why the iron supplement you’re taking is actually working AGAINST you and making it almost impossible to raise your iron levels!
- The Iron Repair Method: The science based road map I created to improve your iron levels and take back your life!
Click Here to get your free copy!
Houston BL, Hurrie D, Graham J, et al; Efficacy of iron supplementation on fatigue and physical capacity in non-anaemic iron-deficient adults: a systematic review of randomised controlled trials. BMJ Open. 2018 Apr 58(4):e019240. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-019240
Clenin GE; The treatment of iron deficiency without anaemia (in otherwise healthy persons). Swiss Med Wkly. 2017 Jun 21147:w14434. doi: 10.4414/smw.2017.14434. eCollection 2017 Jun 21.
Sethi KD, Mehta SH; A clinical primer on restless legs syndrome: what we know, and what we don’t know. Am J Manag Care. 2012 Aug18(5 Suppl):S83-8.
Clin Case Rep. 2018 Jun; 6(6): 1082–1086.Published online 2018 Apr 17. doi: 10.1002/ccr3.1529